Submitted by Chef Daren Harris, Hebron Grille
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz cooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 chicken breast
- Cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2–1 andouille sausage link, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 med onion, julienned (6-8 slices)
- 1⁄4 med red bell pepper, julienned (6-8 slices)
- 1⁄4 C white wine (we use sauvignon blanc)
- 1⁄4 C heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (we use Paul Prudhomme brand)
- 1⁄3 C grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh scallions, green parts sliced on bias
Cook pasta according to package directions, making sure it is al dente. Be sure to rinse in cold water immediately. Toss pasta in olive oil and set side.
Lightly season both sides of the chicken breast with Cajun seasoning. Add 2 Tbsp of oil to skillet and cook chicken approximately 5 minutes each side or until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Remove chicken breast to cutting board. Allow to rest while making sauce.
In the same skillet, add 1-2 Tbsp of oil. Once it begins to warm, add andouille, julienned onions and red and green bell peppers. Sauté approximately 2-3 minutes, then deglaze with white wine.
Add pasta to the veggies and toss well to coat.
Add cream and 1–2 tsp of Cajun seasoning to skillet mixture, depending on your spice preference. On medium high, cook until cream starts to bubble and thicken. Turn heat down and add cheese; cook until sauce is smooth and reaches desired thickness. (If sauce gets too thick, add a little more cream.)
Pour skillet ingredients into a pasta bowl. Slice the chicken breast on the bias, then place on top of the center of the pasta. Garnish with diced tomatoes, scallions and a little more parmesan.