Onion Sandwiches With Mustard Mayonnaise
- Serves 6.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 12 slices wheatberry bread
- 6 Tablespoons soft cream cheese
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
Mix mayonnaise and mustard together. Spread six slices of bread with one Tablespoon of cream cheese each, and divide mayonnaise and mustard mixture evenly among them.
Separate onion rings and divide evenly among the six sandwiches. Top with lettuce and remaining slices of bread, cut diagonally, and serve.