SautÉed Summer Squash
- Serves 4.
- Small green and yellow summer squash, 2 each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, cut into long slivers
- 8 rosemary sprigs (strip leaves from stalks and discard stalks)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Rosemary sprigs to garnish
Cut squash into 1/2-inch diagonal slices. Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet. Add squash in a single layer and fry over medium to high heat about 3 minutes or until the underside is flecked with brown spots. Turn carefully and add garlic and rosemary, frying 2 to 3 minutes more. Take care that garlic doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Garnish with additional rosemary sprigs.