- Serves 12.
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
Combine crumbs and butter in a bowl. Press into bottom of lightly greased 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Chill. Combine basil, garlic, and mayonnaise in food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside. Beat together cheeses in a mixing bowl until well-blended. Beat in reserved basil mixture. Spread mixture over crust, pressing and smoothing top. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove sides of pan and place cake on a platter. Press chopped toasted almonds onto sides of cheesecake, if desired. To garnish top of cheesecake, make a “flower” with slivered almonds and chive stems, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers and toast points.