- 15 min
- 5 min
Submitted by Barbara Day, M.S., R.D.
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condense Cream of Chicken Soup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (bottled or fresh)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked broccoli flowerets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about ½ cup)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 3 whole wheat pita breads (6-inch), cut in half, forming 2 pockets
Easy recipe which is high in protein and has brightly colored vegetables. You can put the sauce in pita pockets or spoon over a baked potato.
Per Serving: 208 calories, 18 grams protein, 4 grams of fat, 25 grams of CHO, 3 grams of fiber, 422 mg sodium.
Heat all the ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pita pockets.
1 can (10 ¾ ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condense Cream of Chicken Soup
1 medium carrot
cooked chicken or turkey
whole wheat pita breads (6-inch)
Tip: This chicken mixture is also delicious served over hot baked potatoes.
Barbara Day, M.S., R.D., is a registered dietitian with a Master’s Degree in clinical nutrition. The former publisher of Kentuckiana HealthFitness Magazine, Kentuckiana Healthy Woman magazine and radio show host of Health News You Can Use, Barbara has over 44 years of experience in promoting healthy lifestyles to consumers. Barbara worked as Nutrition Consultant to the Navy SEALs (8 years) and the University of Louisville Athletic Department (10 years). Barbara currently writes a weekly nutrition column for the Southeast Outlook. Barbara is a runner, cyclist, hiker, a mother and grandmother to 13 grandchildren.