- Serves 6.
- 3 Tablespoons canola or sunflower oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed French bread pieces
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 catfish fillets (6 oz. each), skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed, and finely chopped (about 1 Tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup water
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Red wine vinegar
Heat canola or sunflower oil in large skillet. When hot, add bread cubes and nuts and sauté for 4 minutes or until brown. Place on plate. Heat butter and olive oil in same skillet. Sprinkle fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. Place them in one layer in skillet. Sauté 1-1/2 minutes on each side, until fish is just cooked in the center. Arrange catfish on a platter. Add garlic and chives to skillet drippings and cook over low heat for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup water to the skillet and stir to dissolve all bits in bottom of pan. Pour pan sauce over fish, top with croutons and nuts, garnish with parsley, and sprinkle with red wine vinegar. Serve immediately.