- 20 min
Submitted by Sarah Fritschner
- 10 (8-inch) whole wheat or white flour tortillas
- 2 (16-oz) cans black beans (or pinto beans) drained
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped mild green chilies
- Salt and (freshly ground) pepper to taste
- 1 1⁄2 to 2 C grated cheddar cheese, or to your taste
- 1 C or more salsa of your choice
Heat tortillas individually directly over a glass flame or in an ungreased skillet on high heat, turning them every few seconds until they are warm and pliable, then stack them.
Using a mixer or a handheld potato masher, mix beans, green chilies, salt and pepper to desired consistency (if you like whole beans, just mix the ingredients together).
Heat oven to 350º. Spread 1⁄2 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread a stripe of bean mixture across a tortilla. Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and season with a teaspoon of salsa. Roll up the tortilla to enclose the filling and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. If you like, spread more salsa on top of the tortillas, or just cover with remaining cheese. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serves 4 to 5.