- Makes 1-1/2 cups.
- 1/2 cup orange-pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 small banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup honeydew, cut in chunks Salt and pepper to taste
Combine juice, honey, and olive oil and whisk together until blended. Add pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, and set aside. Combine onion, banana pepper, cantaloupe, and honeydew in a bowl. Add juice mixture and taste for seasoning. Chill until time to serve. I like to spread this on grilled French bread slices and serve with grilled entrees.