- Serves 10.
- 8 ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
In a large saucepan, cook corn, in enough boiling water to cover corn, for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool, and set aside. In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, sugar, basil, and cayenne pepper. Cut cooled corn off the cob (should measure 4 cups). Add corn, tomatoes, onion, and peppers to the oil mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.