- Serves 4-6.
- Southwest Butter
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Southwest Butter
- 2 teaspoons blackened steak seasoning
- 2 lbs. beef rib-eyes, cut about 1-1/2 inch thick
In small bowl, combine all ingredients for butter and blend well. Place butter on piece of plastic wrap and form a log-shaped roll. Refrigerate until firm. Use one pat of melted Southwest Butter, brushing each side of steaks. Rub blackened seasoning on both sides of steak while grill is heating. Grill 4-6 inches away from hot coals. Cook until desired doneness, 8-12 minutes, turning once. To serve, place hot steaks on serving plates and cut butter into pats, placing one pat in the center of each hot steak. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6.