Roasted Cranberries And Brussels Sprouts
- Serves 4.
- 25 to 30 Brussels sprouts 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 fresh sage leaves, rolled and cut into tiny ribbons
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and drain Brussels sprouts and cranberries. Remove outer leaves and stems from sprouts and cut in half lengthwise. Place sprouts and cranberries in mixing bowl and sprinkle with olive oil and kosher salt. Toss lightly and pour on baking sheet that is lightly greased with olive oil. Spread in single layer and roast in oven about 22-25 minutes until tender.
Remove from oven and set aside. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add green onions and sage, and sautÃ© until lightly brown. Add balsamic vinegar to browned butter mixture and combine with vegetables. Toss lightly and add pepper.