Southwest Chicken Burgers
- Serves 4.
- 1 lb. ground, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, with tops
- 2 Tablespoons diced green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
In medium bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, red bell pepper, green onions, green chilies, and ground black pepper. Using damp hands, form the mixture into four 4-inch patties.
Prepare grill and spray grids with canola oil. Place burgers on grill over hottest coals 1-2 minutes on each side to brown. Move burgers to cooler part of the grill and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked (no pink remains and juices run clear) and burgers spring back to the touch. When burgers are nearly done, toast buns on coolest part of the grill. Top with lettuce and thinly sliced onions.