- Serves 4-6.
- 2 (6-oz.) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
In large bowl, mix tuna, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, and garlic. Blend soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and pepper into the mixture. Form tuna mixture into six patties approximately 1 inch thick. Lightly sprinkle each patty on all sides with cornmeal.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry each patty about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.