- Makes 8 one-cup servings.
- 1 lb lean beefsteak
- 1 Tbsp plus 1⁄2 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch dices
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1⁄2-inch dices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 2 C fresh broccoli florets
- 1 C cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Slice steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Combine 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce and minced garlic in a bowl. Add the beef strips. Let stand 15 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet or wok. Add beef and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove beef from skillet.
Heat the remaining canola oil in the skillet or wok. Add vegetables. Stir-fry for 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Return beef to skillet. Add the remaining 1/2 cup stir-fry sauce and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer, until heated through. Serve with cooked rice, if desired.