- Serves 8.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 C ripe pitted olives, sliced
- 8 oz sour cream (light works fine)
- 1 C cottage cheese
- 3/4 C chopped mild green chilies
- 8 oz grated Monterey jack cheese
- 7 oz crushed tortilla chips
Brown the ground beef in a wide skillet. Drain excess fat. Add garlic powder, onions, tomato sauce, and olives. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft. Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, and green chilies. Put half the chips in the bottom of a 2 1/2 quart casserole (such as a 9×13-inch baking dish). Top with half the beef mixture, half the cottage cheese, and half the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.