- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (or more to taste), minced
- 2 14-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄3 C crumbled feta cheese
Recipe by Sarah Fritschner
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Add garlic and cook until just beginning to brown (a few seconds).
Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper, reduce heat to low, and simmer.
When the sauce has thickened to desired consistency (20 minutes or so), add shrimp and feta cheese.
Cook until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes for medium shrimp.
Serve over rice or pasta. Serves 4.
Feta cheese is earthy, a little salty, and lower in fat than many cheeses.