Mesquite Marinated Flank Steak With Blackberry Salsa
BBQ & Grilling, Beef, Condiments, Dressings, Sauces
- Serves 4.
- Mesquite Marinated Flank Steak
- 1-1/2 to 2-lbs. flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tablespoons dry mesquite seasoning
- Blackberry Salsa:
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cantaloupe, finely diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
MESQUITE MARINATED FLANK STEAK
Put all ingredients in a large zip-style plastic bag and marinade, preferably over-night or at least eight hours before grilling.
In a large bowl, mix together salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. Grill the flank steak to medium, about 8 minutes per side, or 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, over hot coals. Slice steak against the grain on the bias. Serve several slices with a large spoonful of salsa.