- Serves 4.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 oz.) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 cups wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make a white sauce by melting margarine, then adding flour, and stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth, then seasonings and mushrooms. Combine chicken, peas, cooked noodles, and prepared sauce. Put in ungreased 9×13-inch deep baking pan and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes.