- Serves 4.
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh combined herbs such as parsley, basil, oregano, and sage
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb. blue cheese crumbled bits
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place lettuce and tomatoes in large bowl. Combine garlic, herbs, sugar, and vinegar in small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. Stir in blue cheese crumbles. Pour over salad and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.