- Makes about 4 cups.
- 3 cups (about 12 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaping Tablespoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
Pulse together feta, basil, and garlic in food processor until combined. Add olive oil and lemon juice, alternating between each and pulsing after each addition, until the mixture is dense but spreads easily. Add pepper and pulse a few times. Spoon onto serving plate, garnish with lemon zest, and serve with pita chips or your favorite cracker.