Zesty Shrimp Spread
- Serves 12-14.
- 1 lb. unpeeled medium-size shrimp
- 2 (3-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
Bring a pan full of water to a boil and add shrimp. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink and tails slightly curl. Drain well and rinse in cold water. Chill. Peel and devein shrimp. Coarsely chop and set aside. Combine cream cheese and remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Stir in chopped shrimp and spoon mixture in a serving bowl. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers or toast points.