- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recipe by National Honey Board
In large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic.
Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in carrots, celery, potatoes, squash, chicken broth, honey and thyme.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Working in small batches, transfer mixture to blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Return pureed soup to pot.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat until hot and serve.