- Serves 8.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup eggnog (without liquor or liquor flavoring)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. In food processor, beat eggs and sugar. Add eggnog, butter, rum flavoring, and vanilla extract and blend well. In a large bowl, blend flours, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine damp cranberries with remaining teaspoon of flour to coat. Fold into mixture and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.