- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups cooked white rice, optional
Recipe by National Honey Board
In small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, orange peel and red pepper flakes ‘until thoroughly mixed and cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
Heat oil in hot wok or large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
Stir in garlic and ginger, stir-fry until fragrant, about one minute.
Add bell pepper and snow peas; stir-fry one minute until crisp and tender.
Add shrimp and green onions and stir-fry until shrimp just turns pink, about one minute.
Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
Serve over cooked rice, if desired.