- Serves 8.
- 6 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium purple onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves
Place first four ingredients in a 13x9x2-inch dish and set aside. Combine next nine ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Drizzle over vegetables; toss gently. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Line a platter with lettuce leaves and drain vegetables, reserving liquid. Arrange on lettuce leaves. Drizzle with excess liquid and serve immediately.