Submitted by Kim McChurg, Firebrick, Kentucky
- 4 to 6 pork chops, boneless, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 to 3 Tablesoons grated cheddar cheese
Heat the butter in a pan. Brown pork chops on both sides. Place in an ovenproof dish. Prepare topping. Sauté the mushrooms in butter in a skillet until they are no longer moist, cool. Mix together mushrooms, parsley, red onion, egg, salt and pepper. Place filling on top of pork chops. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese after 30 minutes of cooking time. Check for doneness at the side of a pork chop. The juices should run clear when pierced with a fork.
From the March, 1990 Kentucky Living magazine.