- Serves 2.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups Kiwi Salsa (recipe follows)
- Kiwi Salsa:
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced small
- 1 can whole-kernel corn, drained well
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 jalepeño peppers, finely chopped and seeded
- 2 green onions with tops, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
Spread 1/4 cup cheese and 1/2 cup salsa on each tortilla. Fold over and place in hot skillet to lightly brown and allow cheese to melt. Flip and repeat on other side.
Mix all ingredients and store in refrigerator in airtight container. This salsa is also good with tortilla chips and as a garnish on other Mexican food. Serves 8-10.