- Serves 10.
- 8 oz (1 1/2 C) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
- 1/4 C small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
To make dressing, grate lemon for about 1/3 tsp of zest and squeeze 2 Tbsps of lemon juice. Combine juice, zest, and the other dressing ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Combine all other salad ingredients in large bowl and toss gently. Whisk dressing and pour over salad just before serving.