Banana-pecan Chocolate Toffee Cake
- Makes one 9x13-inch cake.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate butter toffee bars, chopped, such as Heath candy bars
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix all cake ingredients, except pecans, on low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Fold in 1 cup toasted pecans. Pour into greased and floured 13×9-inch pan. Bake 35-38 minutes. Remove and cool. You can either decorate it in the pan, or invert it and turn it out onto a serving tray at this point.
In a small saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar. Add cream and simmer one minute. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread glaze over cake. Sprinkle with chocolate butter toffee pieces and pecans.