- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2" strips
- 1/4 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Cut chicken breast into 2 pieces and pound to 1/ 4-inch thickness.
Season inside with parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
Place cheese and mushrooms in center and fold chicken around it.
Roll in flour and dip in beaten egg.
Roll in breadcrumbs and place chicken, seam-side down, in pan and set in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan, saute chicken in melted butter or margarine and oil until golden brown.
Place in shallow baking dish and bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until juice runs clear.