- Serves 3.
- 2 cod filets, cooked and flaked in pan
- 6 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1 can drained black beans
- 1/4 cup bottled fruit salsa (I used mango salsa)
- Sour cream, optional
- Guacamole, optional
My daughter and I had dinner last month at a trendy new restaurant in Louisville. Noelle ordered the fish tacos and loved their version. A week or so later, I was forced to come up with my own after over-sautéing two large cod filets and watching them flake in the pan instead of on the plate. Noelle loved my version!
Evenly divide flaked cod among taco shells. Repeat with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Top with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Combine salsa with black beans and serve on the side.