Submitted by Kim Warren
- 1–2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 5–6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp dried
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place green beans in steamer basket in Dutch oven. Cover and steam beans over 3 inches of boiling water until crisp-tender (4–5 minutes).
Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute green onions until softened. Add parsley, basil, thyme, garlic powder and lemon pepper to skillet and stir.
Add steamed green beans to skillet with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well until beans are coated. Serve hot.