Sheet Pan Quesadilla
Beans, Beef, Cheese
Submitted by Heather Bilyeu
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas
- Nanna B’s Easy Peasy Beef Taco Meat (featured in the April 2021 Around the Table):
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz can tomato sauce, plus ¼ can water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 C shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 15 oz can black beans
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- ¼ C pickled jalapenos
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Optional toppings: Avocado, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, limes, cilantro, guacamole
Preheat oven to 450°.
For taco meat: Pver medium heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add diced onion and seasonings; stir to mix. Add tomato sauce and water. Turn heat down and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To assemble: On baking sheet, use 7 tortillas to cover entire pan (2 on each long side, 1 on each end, and 1 in the middle). Overlap tortillas with half hanging over the sides.
Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded cheese. Layer taco meat, black beans, green chilies, jalapenos and cilantro evenly on tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Place last tortilla on top in middle and gently fold each tortilla toward middle. Brush top with olive oil. Place another baking sheet on top, right side up, helping hold tortillas down and bake evenly.
Bake in oven for 20-–25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
Cut into squares and serve with desired toppings. Serves: 10–12