- Serves 6.
- 3-lb. corned beef brisket
- 6 new potatoes
- 6 ears fresh corn, cut into thirds
- 1 head cabbage, cut into large wedges
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 onion (optional), peeled and cut into wedges
Cook corned beef brisket in a large Dutch oven covered with water over medium-high heat until water boils. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and continue cooking, about 3 hours or until meat is very tender. During last 45 minutes of cooking add all vegetables except cabbage. During last 30 minutes of cooking add cabbage and continue cooking until all are fork tender. Arrange meat and vegetables on a big platter; salt and pepper vegetables to taste.