- Serves 6.
- 1 lb. kielbasa, cut lengthwise in 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut lengthwise in 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. large lima beans, dried
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 ham hock
- 3 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 4 jumbo cloves of garlic
Put all ingredients in a large pot and cover with 1 to 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 hours. Add water as necessary.