Perfect Pumpkin Roll
- Serves 8–10.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin, cooked (not pie filling)
- 1 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 15×10-inch jellyroll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto clean kitchen towel sprinkled generously with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with short end. Cool on wire rack. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Beginning at short end, roll up again without the towel, leaving seam side down. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.