- 1-1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
Recipe by Debra Wallingford
Preheat oven to 300°.
Combine cookie crumbs and margarine. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs gradually, beating well between each addition.
Add remaining ingredients except whipped topping and mix well.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in center lightly.
Cool to room temperature. Chill overnight.
Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.