- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- Vegetable oil, as needed to saute
- 2 cups whole eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups Finchville or other country ham, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jack or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hollandaise sauce (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Place vegetables, except spinach and potatoes, in hot pan with oil and saute until vegetables are just cooked. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in ham and cheeses. Drain liquid from sauteed vegetables and add them with spinach and potatoes to egg mixture. Stir gently. Stir in herbs.
Grease a 9 x 12 baking dish. Fill, leaving at least one-half to one-quarter inch for frittata to rise. Cover. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes. Shake pan to determine that frittata is firm in center and cooked through. Uncover and allow top to brown 10 minutes. Let cook in pan 10-15 minutes.
Slice into squares and serve topped with hollandaise sauce if desired. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and chives.