- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced in 1/2-inch thick rounds
- Cooking spray
- 1 /8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed-dried oregano
- 2 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) crumbled feta cheese
Heat oven broiler. Place eggplant slices on a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
Broil 5 inches from heat source (with oven door partially open) for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and decrease oven temperature to 375°.
Coat a 10-ioch pie plate with cooking spray and line with the eggplant slices, browned side down. Overlap slices in a circular pattern.
Alternate slices of tomato and onion over the eggplant.
In a small cup, combine oil and garlic.
Drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with oregano.
Bake 25 minutes.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, and paprika.
Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Cut into 6 wedges.
Food exchange: 2 vegetables, 1 fat.