Mushroom And Potato Chowder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 /4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cans (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions and celery in butter or margarine until onions are translucent.
Remove from heat and add water, potatoes, and mushrooms.
Cook until potatoes are tender.
Remove 1/ 4 cup hot liquid and add flour and mix well.
Return mixture to pot and whisk gently until dissolved.
Add milk and simmer 20 minutes.
Add Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Makes 6 servings.