- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- 1 Tablespoon crushed green peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed, dried red pepper
- 1 (10-12 rib) crown roast of pork, well-trimmed (4-4-1/2 pounds)
- Parsley or bay leaf to decorate
- Grape clusters, cherries, or other fruit
Preheat oven to 450°. Combine first six ingredients and rub mixture over inside of roast. Place roast, bone ends up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Cut a piece of foil long enough to fit around ribs. Fold foil lengthwise in half. Wrap around ribs and fold over tips of ribs. Insert meat thermometer into roast without touching bone or fat. Place roast in oven and reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove from oven and let roast stand for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large serving platter and garnish with parsley and grape clusters. Carve immediately and serve.