- Serves 4.
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salmon sandwiches:
- 4 (4-oz.) salmon filets Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced thinly lengthwise into long strips
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into thin slices
- 4 oz. baby lettuce greens
- 8 (1/2-inch thick) slices good-quality bakery bread, such as nine-grain or whole-wheat
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse several times. Set aside.
For salmon sandwiches
Rub salmon filets with oil and dill. Season with salt and pepper, or other favorite spices or seasonings. Grill over hot coals (in a fish basket if possible) until salmon has grill marks on both sides but not overcooked. This should only take about two minutes per side for a 4-oz. filet. Remove from grill and set aside.
Brush bread slices on one side with olive oil and place over coals until grill marks appear. Remove from grill. Top four slices of bread with salmon, cucumber strips, tomato slices, and baby lettuce greens. Spread remaining slices of bread with remoulade.