- Serves 6.
- 6 (4-oz.) boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup mesquite or hickory-style barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- Small amount of vegetable oil
Use a meat mallet to pound chops between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap until meat is about 1/4-inch thick. Cut meat into thin, small pieces and cook over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes in small amount of vegetable oil. When brown, remove meat from skillet, drain, and pat dry. Saute onion and green pepper until tender. Add meat to skillet. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat mixture. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve with hot mustard slaw on warm rolls or buns.