Nutritious Potluck Fruit Salad
- Serves 14-16.
- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple chunks
- Sugar substitute equal to 2/3 cups sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice Egg substitute equal to 1 egg
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups green seedless grapes
- 6 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 medium bananas, peeled and cut in
- 1/2-inch slices
Drain pineapple, reserving juice, and set aside. In a saucepan combine sugar substitute and flour. Stir in orange, lemon, and pineapple juices. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg substitute and stir, then add egg substitute to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for two minutes. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally; when cooled, fold in whipped topping. In large bowl combine all ingredients and toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.