- Serves 4.
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 20 Greek-style black olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 pita breads, halved and opened into pockets
Layer the tomatoes and cucumbers in a small bowl. Add the feta cheese, olives, oregano, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle oil and vinegar over all. Let stand 30 minutes. Slip one quarter of the tomato mixture into each pita pocket. Cut sandwich in half and serve.