- Serves 4.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) thick prefaced pizza crust (12-in. diameter)
- 1-1/4 cups prepared thick and chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies, drained well
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly slivered red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 450°. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; season with salt. Place pizza crust on ungreased pizza pan or large baking sheet. Spread salsa evenly over crust, sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Top evenly with beef, chilies, tomatoes, onion, and remaining cheese. Bake in 450° oven 11 to 13 minutes or until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 8 wedges and serve immediately.